[opendtv] Re: Some Aussie posts

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:59:12 -0400

Well I did read the comments. Incredibly overwhelmingly positive.
Nothing like what you see in say AVSForum.

In the US you have mostly talk about finding a decent receiver, can't
wait for this or that to be available on cable or satellite so I can
dump OTA, where can you find a receiver (there are few if any in any
stores) and talk of multipath problems.

The worst I could find in all those post in OZ were a couple of people
who just hate TV, a couple who live in difficult to receive areas,
could be Alice Springs for all we know, OZ is a big place.

The simple reality is that OZ is seeing rapidly rising sales for a
plethora of receivers that are not mandated and they have 50 times as
many households USING DTV percentage wise compared to the US.

http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=18

http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=39&newsID=929&display=news

"Putting these figures together based on the cumulative sales figures
reported to December 2006, means that the estimated home take-up or
penetration of free to view digital television has now reached the 2
million mark or around 25% of Australia's 7.8 million homes."

25%!!!! FREELY purchased, no mandate!!! IN FOUR YEARS!!! And 95% of
OZians know about the digital transition. Do 25% of US citizens know
about our transition?

Bob Miller

On 3/13/07, Manfredi, Albert E <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here, Cliff, scroll down these posts from this past year, and tell me
whether they sound any different from what you hear in the US.

Count me among those who switched and never looked back.

Bert

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/archives/your_say/003586.html