[opendtv] Re: Short answer to Bert

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:27:11 -0700

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 15:14 -0400, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> Don't forget Vcast from Verizon. That exists already, so
> you'll be able to gauge success, or lack thereof, of
> handheld video services soon enough.

I predict VCast will go out in a poof of smoke. The next boom of cell
technology is not video but onboard storage and doubling up the device
as a portable music player. I doubt VCast will be able to hold on long
enough -- everyone is and will be pre-occupied with higher resolution
cameras and mp3s for now and the immediate future.

Cheers
Kon