[opendtv] Seeking info about cost-saving and budget solutions at TV stations

  • From: FUTURENEWS@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:15:31 EST

For a panel presentation during the NAB convention in April, I am seeking a
short roster of products, software, services and tactics that TV stations
(esp.  in small and medium-sized markets) use to cut costs and save money.
This
can range from central-casting and use of high-end "pro-sumer" video cameras
to  software for back-room operations.

I'd like to identify products such as hardware and software for  production,
editing/post, station management, traffic, billing -- any  solutions that
work.  If the supplier of such products or services is an  NAB exhibitor, even
better -- but that is NOT essential.

I'm NOT looking for product pitches, but I'll welcome any examples of
hardware, software or services that fit the bill.  I'm trying to collect  ideas
by
March 5th.   Thank you.

Gary Arlen
Arlen Communications Inc.