[opendtv] Re: Scripps Spins Off TV Sector

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 15:11:28 -0700

I'm open to new concepts if the message (point of the story) follows my
philosophies.

I enjoyed "Samantha Who" for the few episodes that were aired.  I actually
sat down to watch that show.

I did not see the shows you referred to.

Probably the most TV I watch, other than auto racing, is Seinfeld.  I
still laugh at it.

I absolutely HATE the night time dramas and reality shows.  But wait, I
did actually sit down to watch one episode of "Last Comic Standing."  I do
like stand up comedy and the stuff they broadcast is much cleaner than the
live stuff here in Las Vegas.

Dan

John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/03/2008 10:38 AM
Please respond to
opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[opendtv] Re: Scripps Spins Off TV Sector

Dan;
Are you open to new concepts?  I note you talking about auto racing.
Little new there, except Fox busying up the screen.
Last year, ABC put some very unusual types of television programs on the
air.
Did you sample "Carpoolers"?  (almost surreal in some contexts)
Notes from the Underbelly? (I never was able to sample this, and I don't
think it will be back)
Cavemen?  (very ironic and perhaps a surrogate for race, but funny,
including the reference to 'Gluten-free water' in an election campaign [in
ersatz San Diego] between two creeps)
there was also that show with the guy from Sports Night with Donald
Sutherland "Rich Sexy Money" that was a quite unique narrative form
and, last but not least, "Pushing Up Daisies" (not my cup of tea, but a
truly innovative visual and narrative form that was simply stunning to
watch)
not to "pick' on ABC, and I didn't see all of them, but the new ones that
I did see on ABC offered more truly new television programs than I had
seen on ALL tv networks in any previous new season.
Please note that I didn't refer to any 'reality' 'staged, scripted' or
other such show.  They truly are dead to me.  But, maybe one will come
along that is truly watchable, for me.
John Willkie, who has heard that ABC is bringing out some newer ideas, and
will retain most of it's new slate from last year.  Alas, I haven't heard
that Cavemen is coming back, but it was opposite NCIS, anyway.