[opendtv] Re: Satellite radio

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:59:01 -0400

NPR did an extensive study (that we participated in) where they built a box consisting of a car HD radio, a GPS receiver, and a data logger. We drove around our coverage area and the box logged where there was HD reception and where there wasn't.

I don't know how secret the results were, but generally speaking you can expect decent reception in the city and grade A contour. Grade B not so much.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Albert Manfredi" <bert22306@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I found out the GM, for instance, invested heavily in XM Radio. What are the chances GM will install factory HD Radio sets anytime soon? (In fairness, at their current power levels, HD Radio might not work so well in cars anyway.)