[opendtv] Samsung new DTB-H260F at Circuit City

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:23:47 -0500

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorylist.do?catOid=-15607&N=20012866+
20015607&c=1

The link is impossibly long, but Circuit City's web site dropped all the
previous HDTV STBs and now only lists the new Samsung DTB-H260F. This is
the one that I believe is based on the Gemini chip, and has the
full-featured timer in it, to make it well suited for use with a DVDR.

The price is $179.99. Not bad, considering that some Circtui City stores
are still selling the Digital Stream at $229.

Our closest store didn't have any in stock. Then again, the item just
appeared on the web site.

Of course, the salesman had no clue this item even existed. I had to
show him on their web site. For HDTV, you have to go to DBS or cable,
don't you know?