[opendtv] Re: Samsung Rep admits HDMI won't support 1080p until v.1.3

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:05:16 -0500

The test worked exceptionally well.  The clips are from an Apple/
Panasonic HD sampler disc and are 1280x720 24fps and in DVCPro HD
format.  Aside from looking a tad softer from the conversion to
1920x1080p, I could see no artifacts at all at 15mpbs H.264.  I'm
going to squeeze it more to see what it takes to break it.  My Mac
had no trouble at all playing the clip.