[opendtv] Re: SO tired of the tiresome spin against 8-VSB

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 13:15:28 -0600

Bob Miller wrote:

>>2) stations not at full allocated power
>>

> Most stations broadcasting at low power in the US would be considered
> HIGH power in the UK.

Uh ... at 1kW ERP? I think not. And remember Bob, remember,
do you have a mental facility called a "memory", that
stations in the US EXPECT to serve people in a 65 mile radius,
sometimes more.

 > What happened to the idea that 8-VSB needed less
> power?

Same as always, no difference.

> What does that have to do with the sale of receivers?

Why buy a receiver for something that offers nothing new.
Yiou can get SDTV off of the air, for free, analog, off
cable, or off satellite. The vast majority of people in the
US can get HD only OTA.

Doug McDonald