[opendtv] Re: SINCLAIR TO AIR "A POW STORY: POLITICS, PRESSUREAND THE MEDIA"

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:03:59 -0400

Dewey Weaver wrote:

>Bob - thank you for your service to this country. Bush was honorably
>discharged. Flying F4s over the GOM was not exactly a risk free endeavor. John
>Kerry volunteered and put himself in the line of fire then gave comfort to the
>enemy in Paris while he was still an officer in the Navy. Aren't you
>interested in seeing the 100 or so pages of his military records that he
>refuses to release? Bush released all of his... why doesn't John Kerry do the
>same? What does he have to hide?

>From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:18:30 -0400

I don't think Bush flew F-4's.

John Kerry who many say was thinking of his political future every
minute of his early years obviously wasn't when he went to Paris. He did
what was considered political suicide at the time many times. And as we
see it is having its negative effect 35 years later. You can criticize
Kerry a lot more for his Senate carrier being non-discript but not his
early years. He seems to me that he was full of conviction and willing
to put his ass and his political career on the line for what he believed in.

I for one think he did most of what he did out of patriotism and
knowingly against his own best interest politically early on.

BTW many criticize Kerry for the short time, four months, he was in
country. Four months where Kerry was was an eternity and it became one
for many. Anybody who was there want to comment on how long four months
was in Nam?

Bush flew jets back home. It was dangerous especially since he was doing
the flying (F-102's).
http://www.seanet.com/~johnco/bush102.htm

I was drafted the same month Bush enlisted. After basic training we got
a week off before advanced infantry training. I don't remember an option
where I could take 8 weeks off for a political campaign right after
basic. (read the article) Bush did this again for a year or more in
Alabama and again to go to Harvard and then he got our 8 months early.

I don't remember anyone I knew in the service having any of these options.

At least Kerry has records to withhold. Most of Bush's records seem to
have disappeared along with most of his buddies who flew with him.

Was he ever actually a pilot at all?