[opendtv] Re: SBC Joins the Convergence Crowd

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:09:29 -0800

They cannot amortize the whole bundle.  Have you ever read a telco M-1 or
M-2 report to the FCC and SEC?  (I have, many dozens of times).  They can
only put on their books (amortization rules for telcos are more restrictive
than those for general businesses) deployed fiber that they plan to deploy
within 5-10 years, and they have to change the write off within a year if
their plans change in the interim.

(this is like shooting fish in a barrel).