[opendtv] Re: (S) DTV adaptors available for less than 50 euros in France

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:31:45 -0400

With the typical 15 frame GOP, and a typical 30 FPS 1080i or 480i digital
video program, an I frame comes along at the rate of twice a second.  For
780p and 480p, it is 4 times a second.  I don't think that the several
seconds of time before an image appears during channel change is the fault
of the bitstream.

John