[opendtv] Re: Royalties

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:59:29 -0700

no, we just need to get rid of your bullshit.

The fact you cite is not a fact; it's a jaundiced view, based on a lack of
understanding of IP, law, commerce, or rationality.

The FCC -- with the possible exception of EAS and IBOC FM -- has already
required "fair and non-discriminatory" licensing in broadcast systems that
they adopt.  At least, since they learned from the Stereo FM fiasco of the
1980's.

Just read the ATSC specs or the FCC orders that adopted them.  The language
is clear and quite evident.

There's plenty of sunshine.  Little to none of it appears to fall on you.

You and others rely on anonymous sources.  Not I.  I know more than I tell,
not less.