[opendtv] Re: Rochester Responders Tuning in Datacasts

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:18:52 -0500

I worked for the local TCI franchise during the late 80's and early 90's,
and I remember X*Press X*Change data push service.  The internet killed it,
and Triveni's data push carousel will be killed by all of these cities
installing wi-fi throughout their cities.

The only part that makes sense in this article is using a subchannel to
deliver training programs to firehouses and schools, although for the
relatively few firehouses in a city, delivering the content on a DVD in the
mail makes even more sense.  Many statewide public television networks
either are or plan to do similar things with using their DTV signals to
deliver programming to all schools in the state, a much harder thing to do
with DVDs.

John