[opendtv] Re: Rival display interfaces face off

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:40:11 -0400

I think you can mostly avoid the nose yanking by never paying extra to
future proof new purchases with such things as DTCP, HDCP, HDMI, or the
new ones mentioned below.

Rest assured that by the time any of them is a standard they will also
have been cracked and a new one will be on the way.  Meanwhile just do
not purchase or watch any content available only on strange new  interfaces.

- Tom