[opendtv] Re: Rising to the occasion ...

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:29:36 -0800

http://www.EtherGuideSystems.com/demos/default.aspx

I can agree with all that, but, one needs to make sure that "keep aspect
ratio" is on in your rendering device, and that it dynamically matches the
video window, and not the active image area.

We can also talk about active format description and bar and pan/scan data,
but that's largely theoretical at this point, since no receiver that I've
ever heard of has implemented it.

The key is what you do in the face of ambiguous data.  Me, I tend towards
examining the video and the gop/header data.

John Willkie