[opendtv] Re: Rep. Dingell orders investigation of FCC

  • From: Frank Eory <frank.eory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:27:16 -0700

Bert wrote:

So here we have this, should I call it, "obtuse" state of affairs. Where
a Democrat Congressman is voting AGAINST regulating big business, a
Republican FCC Chairman is voting FOR regulating big business

That fact did not escape me either, and I find it rather ironic. This whole 70/70 affair would make a great story for a satirical publication like "The Onion."

I can imagine a fake headline like "Republican FCC Chairman Takes Over Cable Companies," with a fake photo of a cigar-smoking commish in military fatigues, talking about revolutionary councils and five-year plans.