[opendtv] Rejected TV Pilot Thrives on P2P

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:43:18 +0200

Hi,

Craig is gonna love this.
See: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050629-5053.html?78073
and: http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,67986,00.html

P2PTV: it's not just for Linux distros

6/29/2005 2:52:58 PM, by Charles Jade

While the Supreme Court was bringing down the gavel on P2P networks for
copyright
infringement, the never aired pilot for Global Frequency was anonymously
leaked on
the Internet.

(...)

and

Rejected TV Pilot Thrives on P2P

By Michael Grebb  |   Also by this reporter
02:00 AM Jun. 27, 2005 PT

How's this for irony?
A sacked TV pilot about a large number of people who stay in touch through
an
underground data network has popped up on ... well, an underground data
network.
The WB television network passed on the pilot for Global Frequency, a
sci-fi
adventure series based on the graphic novel by English scribe Warren
Ellis.
But that didn't stop someone from leaking the pilot on the internet. The
file
eventually found its way into the BitTorrent network.

(...)

"It changes the way I'll do my next project," said Rogers. If he owned the
full
rights, he said, "I would put my pilot out on the internet in a heartbeat.

(...)

Greetings,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |