[opendtv] Re: Redefining anamorphic

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:41:59 -0400

You need three things to be able to do anything useful automatically:  (1)
Information about the display, (2) information about the coded picture size,
and (3) information about where in the coded picture, the 'active picture'
is.

Yes, of course, in order to effectively (automatically) use AFD or bar data
it's the receiver that's doing the work, and it's gotta know what the
display looks like.  It's axiomatic.