[opendtv] Red Box price increase

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:22:47 -0500

Just in...

We want to let you know that starting next Tuesday, December 2, the price for
DVDs will increase to $1.50 a day, and the price for Blu-ray™ Discs will
increase to $2 a day. Starting Tuesday, January 6, the price for video games
will increase to $3 a day.*
This is only our second price increase in 12 years, and the first for Blu-ray™
Discs and games, so you can be sure that we made this decision very carefully.
We know that hearing about a price increase isn't the best news, but we feel
it's necessary in order to improve your Redbox experience, while continuing to
deliver the best value for new movies and games.

Gosh Bert, I thought that all this competition would make it difficult to keep
increasing prices.

Guess not.