[opendtv] Re: Quid Pro Quo

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 20:35:16 +0000

I don't mind political ads during an election season, at all. As long as they
don't increase the time devoted to ads, I'd much rather hear what some
politician is promising, or what image s/he is trying to portray, than to see
ads about pampers.

And if these ads are paid by campaign contributions, and not by the taxpayer,
all the better.

Craig might be interested to see that when push came to shove, it was the ads
on the main broadcast channels that are considered the most useful ones. Not
the ones on the obscure cable channels.