[opendtv] QuickTime Codecs

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:40:42 -0800

With the recent discussion of QT, I thought I would ask a QT question:

A customer requested that we encode a file for them in MP4 or MOV.  But
obviously, QT/MOV files can use a number of different codecs.  The file is
to be used for streaming over the internet.  Any recommendations on which
codec will be the best for internet streaming and be the most widely
available to all computers that might watch it?  I'm actually going to use
Sorenson Squeeze to do the transcoding (from Avid codec), if possible.

Dan