[opendtv] Re: QuickTime 7 HD Gallery

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:27:35 -0400

I think Mplayer and the like officially only distribute source
code.  While that may not make them technically immune to patent
claims I'm not aware yet of any being successfully pursued under
those conditions.

In any event, I doubt those sorts of open source projects will
become impossible to find.

- Tom