[opendtv] Re: Questions about DTT Transition and Channels 60-69

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:53:51 -0700

I notice how, when confronted, you actually end up with real data.  So, they
arenot being assigned on a 36 or 24 mhz basis, which was (i'll be polite)
the impression that your previous post left.

The mind boggled as to what a public service licensee (usually a county or
city or related political subdivision) would do with a handful of 6, 24 or
36 mhz assignments.  Of course, they want such broad bands, but there are
usually more public service entities in a metro area than there are tv
stations, even when you include digital assignments..

John Willkie

P.S.  Of course, they aren't doing it at 6 mhz or multiples: 6mhz is only
needed for ANALOG video.