[opendtv] Re: Questions about DTT Transition and Channels 60-69

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:41:15 -0700

please provide more information on how these channels are no longer 6 mhz.
Do you have something from the FCC (I don't read press or news releases;
only offer texts) that actually says this?

In my decades of experience, the fcc always allocates or reallocates using
these big numbers, but when you look into it (cases in point: OFS, MMDS,
cellular, etc) it's many channels within that allocated band.

You are probably confused about terminology (again).  Allocation is
assigning a block of frequencies.  Assignment is apportioning a part of
those frequencies to a particular use or uses, and a community or region.
Then, there's the actual application process.

Notice how your pr quote mentions allocation and assignment.