[opendtv] Re: Questions about DTT Transition and Channels 60-69

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:56:16 -0400

TADA! Give that man a cigar!
I find it all very interesting ... having been the skunk at more than
one party, watching the current unfolding events proves to be most
entertaining in a very odd and twisted way.

I also wish to thank Mark Schubin for his pointed analysis based upon
his reading of the 9/11 Commissions findings...

In the case of 9/11, we DO have a document to which we can refer, the
9/11 Commission Report.  They note, among other things, that the Port
Authority police had 16 channels available on their radios but used only
one and that the fire department needed to push two buttons to activate
repeaters installed in the World Trade Center after the 1993 attack but
pushed only one.  There are other citations of human error but none I
could find regarding available spectrum or frequencies used.  In fact,
the 9/11 Commission Report notes specifically that the radios that WERE
used that day operated in the UHF band, within less than an octave of
the frequencies that will be freed after the DTT transition.

Let us, as informed members of the public, try to disabuse others of the
notion that the DTT transition will solve the communications problems of
9/11 or Katrina.

I think EVERY rational individual is for public safety, and the need for
communications. It will be nice when the charades are over...

--
><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><

===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

I believe there are more instances
of the abridgment of the freedom of
the people by gradual and silent
encroachments of those in power than
by violent and sudden usurpations.

~ James Madison, Virginia Convention, 1788 ~

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.