[opendtv] Re: Production Codecs

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:33:48 -0400 (EDT)

Do I hear an "oops"?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:15:24 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: [opendtv] Re: Production Codecs

Dan;

(offlist)

You pay for SMPTE membership – list me as your referrer, and I’ll make a copy
of my raw SMPTE folders (public documents) and non-disclosure.

Not all the specifications, but many. Not necessarily the latest copy, and many
are in process or are the FCD (last step before publication). You can decide
which to buy (to make sure you have the bits right.)

And, you will truly enjoy the work, joining committees, learning and having a
say (when you exercise it) on new and modified standards.

And, you can’t tell anybody I’ve done that, since SMPTE lives off document
sales.

So, you can get started for $135 for one year, or (like me) $325 for three
years. That renewal always seems to come up fast.

I do believe the fee is tax-deductible, but of course, only us self-employed
generally can take advantage of that …

John