[opendtv] Re: Production Codecs

  • From: "Don Moore" <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:54:16 -0400

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM,  <dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wish we didn't have to deal with 29.97 and just use 30.  Is there any
> reason to work in a non-integer format as of Feb. 19, 2009?  I suppose I'll
> still need to work with other systems out there.

The DTV Transition is OTA / RF TRANSMISSION and not customer driven!
As long as people subscribe to cable and satellite services, the NTSC
standard will live on for several more generations of equipment.  Once
the CEA figures out how to convince EVERYONE to toss everything that
is not a computer-based video device, we will have to continue to make
NTSC content (or at least make a conversion to NTSC).

Don Moore
Greensboro, NC