[opendtv] Re: Print Story: European broadcasters focus on improved TV picture on Yahoo! News

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:40:05 -0400

So from 1998 till 2002 they acquire an average of 12 new viewers  a year
and since they have acquired an average of 25,000 a year and
"admittedly" in  the highest penetrated market in the US.

While in Japan with only three low power cities they have sold a very
real 2.5 million integrated HDTV set and a very real 124,000 stand alone
HD receivers in ONE year. Most of these are not gathering dust in
dealerships and under the desk at DTV stations or being sold in open box
specials or piling up in early adopter homes.

They have actually been sold. Out the door not in the pipe, not a
figment of the CEA's imagination or semantic doodling.

Bob Miller

BTW received second PCI card and will test tonight. Mark says the
"apartment" is available on Monday at 2 pm so by 4 pm there will
probably be a report of some sort.

Bob Miller