[opendtv] Press Association and Vizimo to range of create VOD discovery services

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:46:30 -0600

For example, when such new search engines become available, I would expect that
an Internet TV would be capable of using it, without having to be hacked.

Bert

---------------------------------
http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?class=countries&subclass=0&id=3920

Press Association and Vizimo to range of create VOD discovery services

www.pressassociation.com

The Press Association has signed a technology partnership with media discovery
company Vizimo to create a new range of video on demand (VoD) discovery
services for digital platforms.

A portfolio of products will aggregate Press Association TV listings with VoD
listings and links to broadcasters' catch up services.

In addition to helping users navigate to traditional broadcasters' online
offerings, the services will, in the future, be able to integrate VOD content
from any digital content provider, according to Vizimo.

Tony Watson, managing director at the Press Association said: "By combining TV
and VOD listings with an innovative recommendation engine, we are developing a
range of products that will help users navigate the increasing complex world of
online video content.

"The Press Association has always provided market-leading TV listings guidance
for print and digital clients and the intelligent, contextual inclusion of VoD
content marks a natural evolution."

Simon Steward, Vizimo chief executive officer said: "As the VoD market matures,
the focus is shifting away from the infrastructure needed to distribute huge
content archives and towards discovery-the problem of connecting viewers to the
right content-and our advanced technology has been specifically designed to
address this discovery problem. We have an exciting roadmap of innovation to
support the multi-platform, multi-device, on-demand world of TV that's fast
taking shape."

DTG Staff 19.11.2010