[opendtv] Re: Precision

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:20:15 -0700

Sure, "aliasing" first entered the video lexicon when people tried to put
graphics on top of video, or tried to superimpose video.  Those come from
the 1950's and 1960's, perhaps earlier.

Audio aliasing wasn't something that I heard about until the mid/late
1970's, when PCM encoding (u-law and A-law) and quantization error came up
against analog audio as the input source and output target, with PCM in
between.

John Willkie