[opendtv] Re: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:01:15 -0400

Not that one. I have a FujiPlus and Artec. The Artec has been 'buggy' (software issues I think), but the Fuji unit works OK under modest conditions. The Fuji software load was flawless, and the menus, etc. are fairly functional. No resizing of the menu which makes it really, really small when one is using a laptop with 1920x1200 resolution (in 15"). Thank goodness the remote works ;-) I have not (yet) done an extensive test of unit, but I do like the capabilities that are easily loaded.

The Fuji unit was 'only' $99.

Mark
the Mark who is wondering when these types of devices will become "built in" to laptops, and expecting that the answer will somehow coincide with the 'unlicensed' invasion of our (Broadcaster) spectrum.

John Golitsis wrote:
Perhaps it's already been discussed, but has anybody tried this unit? It's a USB DTV tuner for only $130 and it's from a decent brand:

<http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+HD+Pro+Stick?source=flash>

<> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
===================================

"As far as the laws of mathematics
refer to reality, they are not certain,
and as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."

------- Albert Einstein-------

===================================

"I like nonsense—it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the
wrong end of a telescope...and that enables
you to laugh at all of life's realities."

~ ~ Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss" ~ ~

Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx