[opendtv] Philips bringing cell phone TV to states

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:28:11 +0100

Hello,
Proud to present:

http://news.com.com/Philips+bringing+cell+phone+TV+to+states/2100-1039_3-5989454.html?tag=nefd.top

Philips bringing cell phone TV to states
By Michael Kanellos
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
Published: December 11, 2005, 9:00 PM PST

Royal Philips Electronics says watching TV on cell phones isn't just an
Asian phenomenon.
The Dutch electronics giant now plans to bring its TV-on-cellular chipset
to the United States.
Handsets with the chips should hit North American shelves sometime in
2006. To ensure that
content and content services will be available, Philips has partnered with
Crown Castle Mobile Media.
Crown Castle has acquired terrestrial rights to 5 megahertz of L band
spectrum and will launch a
mobile broadcast network in 2006.
The company will show off the technology at the Computer Electronics Show
kicking off on Jan. 5
in Las Vegas.
(...)

I will try to send this in both text and html, hope it works...

Best regards,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |