[opendtv] Re: Philips DVDR3575H/37

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:55:10 -0400

It is out of stock everywhere because it is a very popular item.

It is the tivo alternative and is more user friendly than anything offered by DirecTV, Dish or the cable companies.

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
What the ... ??

I searched for a hard drive recorder similar to the Philips
DVDR3575H/37, i.e. that records OTA digital, has a hard drive, and also
plays DVDs. Unbelievably, the only one that seems to be available at
all, new, that is, is the slightly newer version of this, the 3576H/37,
same size hard drive, and Amazon lists it at an eye-popping $1,116.99.

Just weeks ago, the 3575H/37 were on the shelves at WalMart for $299.
Now even used ones go for more than that, and WalMart carries none of
these.

There are no other hard drive recorders that I can find.

There is a dvd rec. with 160 gig hard drive made under the Magnavox name for $250 here:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10104532&findingMethod=rr

Un-freaking-believable. Is everyone on the take, or what?