[opendtv] Re: Performance Report: Zenith DTT900

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:20:03 -0500

Some further info: The EPG info on the Mits was updated while it was turned off. It's now showing program info from 3:00PM to 12:30 AM.

On Feb 6, 2008, at 2:15 PM, John Shutt wrote:

Barry,

Does your Mitsubishi really collect EPG data overnight while "turned off?" I don't think so. When you press "full guide" on my old Samsung SIR-T151, it will give you a "Please Wait" indication while it scans the active channels for information.

Infuriatingly, it will only scan from the virtual channel number you are currently tuned to the highest channel. It won't scan from your current virtual channel down until you try to scroll the guide "up," and you are rewarded with another "please wait" as it scans again.

Even more infuriatingly, it will immediately forget the guide data as soon as you leave the guide screen. Hit the button again one second later, and another scan is required.

I know of no broadcaster in our area that provide more than the FCC mandated 12 hours (first four EITs) of EPG, which is actually usually less than 12 hours because each EIT is a three hour block. So the current EIT could be up to 2 hours 59 minutes stale.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Brown" <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

My Mitsubishi WD-40134 collects data from all DT stations for the EPG display. Very rudimentary compared to the info provided by my Dish 622. The Mits would also display TV Guide EPG if the service was available in my area.