[opendtv] Re: Patent application on 8-VSB equalizer

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:53:21 -0400

Initializing the equalizer from DFS info is finally starting to be
considered by LG, I find, as indicated in the published patent application
listed below.  Fimoff has been looking at how to compensate for edge effects
because the PN511 sequence is not repeated.  Pity Zenith didn't look into
this twelve or fifteen years ago.   Al

J. H. Cheon & H. B. Jeon Zhang, "Synchronization Signal Detection Circuit
and Method of Digital Television (DTV) Receiver", U. S. Pat. App. Ser. No.
11/ 248 861 filed 12 Oct. 2005, published 13 Apr. 2006 with Pub. No.
2006-0078072.

M. Fimoff, S. Ozen & M. D. Zoltowski, "Tap Weigh Initializer for an Adaptive
Equalizer", U. S. Pat. App. Ser. No. 10/ 142 110 filed 9 May 2002, published
3 Apr. 2003 with Pub. No. 2003-0063665.

M. Fimoff, S. M. Nerayanuru  & S. Ozen, "Channel Estimator for an Adaptive
Equalizer", U. S. Pat. App. Ser. No. 10/ 142 108 filed 9 May 2002, published
13 Nov. 2003 with Pub. No. 2003-0210741.