[opendtv] Re: Panasonic's AG-HVX200

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:07:44 -0400

I'm very interested in Mark's reply.

The "sharpness" control on a TV makes the picture *look* sharper, but
actually removes detail.  I can see the difference with no effort, but
to the untrained eye, they often prefer the 'sharpness'.  Personally, I
think that has more to do with the common perception of how a
television image is 'supposed' to look - it's not expected to look
real...it's expected to look like TV.