[opendtv] Re: Over-the-air TV gears for mobile, Web roles

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:02:56 -0800

Craig:

Are you sure you can't author a Blu-Ray DVD independently without the key?

I have seen some descriptions to do just that on several forums such as
this one:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=1236027&postcount=5

I'm sure counting on being able to do it in the future.

Dan

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 07:30:31 -0400
From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opendtv] Re: Over-the-air TV gears for mobile, Web roles

At 9:00 AM -0400 10/31/08, John Shutt wrote:
>If the fees are killing small time producers, don't they have the
>option of releasing a Blu-Ray title that has no copy protection?  I
>doubt that a boutique title is going to loose a lot of sales to
>bootleg copies from China.

I do not believe that this is an option.