[opendtv] Re: Out of Sync?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:59:03 -0800

Basic economics, John.

Stations make money off analog; don't make a cent off digital.

Think department stores.  Do they advertise the low-markup (or no-markup)
items, or those with the highest profit margins.

Setting the deadline, btw, seriously changes the equation, since they now
know they must make a business of digital.

KFMB-TV in San Diego -- which recently began the first HD newscast in the
market -- now tags "High Definition News" in spots for HD Radio.