[opendtv] Re: Optus B1 satellite off air since around 6.30pm yesterday NZ time

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:13:32 +1200

Actually Donald, I've just heard that an alternative  technical viewpoint
expressed in the NZ Herald newspaper, puts the failure down to a fault in or
lack of fuel to one of the thrusters, much as I originally suspected. So I
imagine the beast is on the way out. It's been up there for 14 years now.
Barry