[opendtv] Re: Opinion: Mobile TV's New Free Market Economy

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:54:39 -0500

The point is that the infrastructure to provide a mobile DTV service over
the low VHF channels is already pretty much in place.  A little bit extra
broadcast studio equipment is the only investment required of the individual
broadcaster.

Companies trying to provide a mobile DTV service over the high VHF channels
using COFDM and SFNs would have to finance their build out in an economy
that is unwilling to accept risk.

Al