[opendtv] Re: One more thought for the mix Re: Smart TVs - No One Uses Smart TV Internet

  • From: "Tom McMahon" <tlm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 01:11:40 +0000

A SmartTV/InternetTV guy at a local CE store assured me that I could get
everything I want (including Telnetting into Outlook remotely) with WiDi and
Chrome on a new flat panel TV CE platform...(except for use of my STB/PVR where
I would have to switch the TV to HDMI input and still have the cable remote).
Sigh.  Not quite there yet.

----

Tom McMahon
Del Rey