[opendtv] Re: One more thought for the mix Re: Smart TVs - No One Uses Smart TV Internet

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:17:55 -0500

Tom wrote:

> I know about Windows Live Mail, Hotmail, Internet TV, etc.  But I am
> still not clear on how I would use them on my Sony Bravia flat panel
> without adding a PC to my living room setup.  I guess that is your
> point?

Indeed it is.

Which is how all the other newer hand-held gadgets manage to work with,
synchronize with, and at least partially replace, PCs. The question I keep
asking is, why would anyone think that a "connected TV" must follow a totally
different formula and feel totally strange and confusing to its users? Why this
mental disconnect on the part of the CE companies?