[opendtv] Re: One Reason Why We Don't Quit Cable TV - TheStreet

  • From: Kent Borg <kentborg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 08:46:37 -0400

On 04/17/2014 08:28 AM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:
One Reason Why We Don't Quit Cable TV - TheStreet

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12671229/1/one-reason-why-we-dont-quit-cable-tv.html

  One Reason Why We Don't Quit Cable TV

[...]

We don't want to risk missing anything. We keep cable or satellite as a safety net. Something we know we'll need or at least want to have a few times a year (big awards shows, the Super Bowl, etc.).

Odd. No mention of broadcast TV, the kind one can get for free, with an antenna. The kind that (currently) carries the Super Bowl and the biggest award shows. And breaking news--if it really is breaking*.

Seems no one has an interest in OtA anymore. Otherwise how could it have become so forgotten?

-kb, the Kent who cut the cable years years ago--but who has an antenna in the attic.

* These days "breaking" means "nothing new to report, but we hope you will keep watching". Similarly any "stories we are following" have usually reached an end.