[opendtv] Re: Omnidirectional RECEIVE antennas with gain

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:33:52 -0400

Doug,

You can buy an omnidirectional antenna with gain.  DBS installers sell them
with their "free" dish install, and we get loads of viewer complaints about
poor (analog) reception from distant viewers.  The problem is simply
overload from closer and stronger signals swamping the broadband amp.

See:

http://www.winegard.com/offair/urban_print.htm

John