[opendtv] Omnidirectional RECEIVE antennas with gain

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:52:12 -0500

Why can't we buy omnidirectional RECEIVE antennas with gain?

It looks like we may soon need such a beast around here, what
with a new and distant PBS station being built, and a new Fox
with different programming now running, 1 million watts but distant.

We will have stations at about 45, 90, 175, 255, 260, and 315
degrees on the compass, the ones at 45, 175, and 315 being
weak at least some places in town.

It looks like what we need is a four or five bay turnstyle or
batwing, or maybe just a four or five bay "cheapie FM transmitting"
antenna. This is UHF ... our VHF station is relatively close and
never behind a hill and should "just work".

Doug McDonald