[opendtv] Re: Olympics picture quality

  • From: Terry Harvey <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:00:51 -0700

I had another look at the HD Olympics coverage today. I watched the track
and field events. The pixelation and problems with the MPEG-2 encoding was
really obvious.  I am amazed that not many people are mentioning this:
perhaps it is because they are writing about it but don't have an HD set to
actually watch it. How odd.

Viewing off our NBC affiliate on Saturday was further complicated by a loss
of feed caused by a breakdown somewhere. This lasted for at least twenty
minutes. Disappointed, I eventually decided to switch off the television
and do something else....

Terry Harvey