[opendtv] Re: Ofcom opens consultation on Sky's DTT plan

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:48:05 -0700

In that market, the big ticket is sports, and the big ticket in UK sports is
the Premiership League of what some hereabouts call "metric football."

In the U.S., we have much more varied sports draws, including three
competing sports with generally non-competitive viewing seasons.  It's not
as easy when the "crown jewels" is only one jewel.

I've learned this on this list, from others who at one time commented
regularly before, well, before one not-so-intelligent voice became the
predominant one.

So, not only was bert not listening, but "others" tell me they've left the
list because, well, bert was not listening and tried to make up for it by
talking more.

John Willkie, who's "up for the struggle"