[opendtv] Re: OZ DTV Update

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:17:27 -0700

Well, let's see if I can put a few things together for Kon.  He lives in a
hilly region near the coast, but between two major tv markets (LA and,
cough, San Diego).

The area is well-known for being one of the first places in Orange County to
have cable tv (originally Times-Mirror Cable.)

He can tell us whether he's in a canyon, or somewhere up a hill.  I suspect
that an external antenna high atop a pole is required to get a full menu of
channels.  And, ISTR that he has cable and satellite.

So, you are suggesting that he use a firm that you aren't sure actually
exists any more?  That's a laugher!  Do you see the irony?

There are professional antenna installers; I have a friend who is one.  Put,
putting up external terrestrial antennae (or any terrestrial antennae) is
about 1% of his business.   (He just enjoys integrating off-air and
satellite with multi-switches so that every set has access to the same
signals.)

But, UNLIKE EUROPE, there's little demand for that.  Cable and satellite
have "top of mind" as delivery schemes.

John Willkie