[opendtv] Re: OTA reception? Where?

  • From: <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 2:01:27 -0400

James,

I assume your apartment does not have a clear view of the CN Tower? I know that
from past experience OTA analog reception is generally very good with little
snow. Perhaps a bit of multipath (ghosting) but no snow.

What are you using for an antenna? If you are using a bent loop or cheap rabbit
ears, that is the equivalent of hooking up your internet with a piece of lamp
cord.

8VSB reception from the CN tower should be excellent (what little there is) and
if you have a somewhat better antenna ($50) you should pull in all the Buffalo
DTV stations. And all for less than the cost of your 'cosy' satellite
subscription.

Terry Harvey