[opendtv] Re: OTA DTV experience

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:39:52 -0800

Since you are raving about the OTA signal quality, I'm willing to bet that
once you see the "quality" of those same signals when delivered via
satellite or cable, you will revert to antenna for OTA signals.

Some -- very few -- cable systems don't crunch down on the HDTV put out by
OTA stations.  No chief engineer that I've talked to is happy with what
satellite does to their HDTV signals.

Even if the picture is perfect when watching news or other mostly-static
images, things look bad when watching basketball or other fast-moving
pictures.

John Willkie